Monday, August 15, 2011

You Tube and Crafting

Hi,
  My name is Dottie and I am a Youtube junkie. I like to find the old music I used to listen to as I grew up, and sometimes listen to ones my husband points out, but I've also been a fairly big fan of Clara Cannucciari, of Depression Cooking with Clara fame Here  is where you can find one of her videos.
  But the biggest part of my time on Youtube is spent looking at card making techniques, junque journals, altered arts, craft store hauls, and craft rooms. Yes, I love seeing the deals other people get at craft stores --sometimes I'll see a stamp or gadget that I put on my wishlist. And although I don't have a whole room set aside for my crafting, (mine is more like a crafting corner!) I love getting ideas on how better to contain my supplies. I enjoy crafting so much!
  I had a friend once tell me, i'm so not into cutting and pasting and such. Shrug. To each her own, I guess. But to me, it's therapeutic. I love painting and stamping and embossing and gluing --all of it! I like making a mess of myself (it happens. i throw myself into my work) and having bits of paper and glitter in my hair (and everywhere else) and watching something emerge from the chaos. Am I the best at it? Nope, not by a long shot. But a lot of the time I can come up with something I'm happy to share with others.
  My sister just got married so I'm coming up with ideas for a gift for her and my new brother in law. And I'm working on a home decor project for my home. Last but not least, I'm already thinking Christmas cards. I haven't yet decided what type of  cards I'm going to make this year, but browsing through stamps, die cuts, and papers are part of the fun. If you are interested, hopefully I can get a camera or use a friend's camera to take pictures of the projects and I'll have instructions on how to do them yourself.
  What about you? Are you a crafter? Do you like trying your hand at new things? Are you the creative type who can take one look at a picture who says I can do that --and puts her own beautiful spin on it? What do you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment