Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Polar Opposites

My friend L. and I have never met in person. We know each other only via internet. She's a California girl who loves the city. I'm a bonafide died in the wool country girl from Georgia. She votes democrat. I am more of a conservative independent. She believes in abortion. I believe in the sanctity of life. 
  We have had some heated discussions about what we believe and don't believe. Most of the time we tend to agree to disagree and leave it at that. But there are days when the moon is just right that we go head to head. And  yet we remain friends. I don't question that fact, just enjoy it. I enjoy her company online and hope to meet her one day. I like to believe that we learn from one another. She makes me think, hones the reason why I believe as i do.
  As much as we are different, we are very much alike. We are stubborn, hard headed, controlling, soft hearted, and just trying to make our way in life while figuring it out. I hope she'll be around for a long time. There aren't many I allow to know the deepest, darkest parts of me. She's one of the privileged few who knows me. I thank God for having her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment