Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Good morning! I hope you slept well. I think I slept a little too well because I'm just now up and moving. The Morning Cup of Tea will be out shortly, if you follow that part of my blog. I'm sorry I'm getting such a late start today.
  I'm staring into a face that could have been in a picture from about 25 years ago. My dear son looks a lot like his dad did when he was younger. Same brown eyes, same thick, untameable hair, same mustache (!), same infectious smile.  I love seeing J in a good mood in the mornings.
  My first thought this morning when I woke up was "oh dear, I forgot the butter last night." We had stopped by the grocery store to get a few things I needed for today, and because I didn't have a list, I forgot the butter. It's not that big a deal, I can manage without it today, but it got me to thinking: isn't it wonderful that we live on this side of the Cross? There are things that are expected of us if we plan for heaven to be our final destination, but as far as following the myriad laws they had in the Old Testament, we don't have to worry about missing one. We have Jesus. We still stumble, still forget, still sin. But we can ask forgiveness. How wonderful is that?
  That dear boy of mine is reminding me that its breakfast time so I think I'd better get moving. I'll be back a little later with a Cup of Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment