Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gratituesday: Encouragers

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Each week my friend Laura at Heavenly Homemakers  invites us to spend time on Tuesdays reflecting on things or people for which we are grateful. I hope you will join us, either here on my blog or at Heavenly Homemakers, where she has a link to share your own thoughts.

  Today I am grateful for encouragers. These are very sweet people, a lot of the times quiet, sometimes in the background. They may not know what an important job they are doing because we (I) don't thank them often enough. A special word here, a note in the mail, a smile or a hug; all these things help when things are looking bleak. Even on days when things are going well it sometimes gives an extra lift to the day, knowing someone is there, cheering you on.
  I have a few such cheer leaders in my life. They are dear, dear ladies, some of whom I've not met in "real life" but hope to sometime, either here or in heaven. I am very thankful to each of them: if you are reading this you know who you are. I hope I am a blessing to you as well.
  In today's hurry up lifestyle, I think that particular ministry gets pushed to the wayside at times. We tend to get so wrapped up in our own lives we forget to see the need out there. So I would like to encourage each of us this week: I know you are busy as wives, mothers, students, workers. Thank you for taking the time to come here and read a little. Hugs to each of you, I hope you have a wonderful week.  Now. I'd also like to encourage us all to take the time to call or send a note or speak to someone who could use a little encouragement this week. Someone's been missing a few Sunday's? Give them a call, let them know you miss them. Talk a few minutes with someone who feels down, or just reconnect with someone. 
 This is the day that the Lord hath made. Help someone else rejoice and be glad in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment