Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Morning Cup of Tea: Be Ready When Jesus Comes

Good morning! Today is the first day of winter, but here in my area it's warm. I'm not complaining, mind you. I prefer warmer weather. Just seems weird this time of year to not be a bit cooler.
   Today's reading is chapter twelve, verses 41 to 53. I do hope you take the time to read those verses yourself.  Jesus had just been speaking of watching and waiting till he comes again. Peter asked if his words for the apostles or for everyone. Jesus said blessed is the person who is faithful in doing his work when the master comes (v 42 and 43 paraphrased).  But for those of us who know that the master is coming and yet thinks there is plenty of time and  does wrong, he will be dealt with severely. Those who do not know and do wrong will still be dealt with, but not as severely.
  I remember a time when I was a young teenager, my brother and I had stayed home while my parents went out somewhere. My brother and I were supposed to clean up the kitchen and probably had some other things that needed to be done. Thinking we had a long while, we waited till the last minute and were still busily trying to clean when my parents got home. This earned us a lecture from my dad. If we hadn't done anything by the time they got home, the consequences would have been worse.
  As for us today, we know that Jesus is coming, but not when. We know what we should be doing till he comes. Are we doing it?

1 comment:

  1. Dottie, I hope the asparagus gratin turns out well for you. We LOVE it. and if not...there are worse things right? ;) Love this post. We do know he is coming and everyday is the day for me to decide if my heart is ready. It makes the crazy of being a mom a little more bearable!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete