Friday, January 13, 2012

A Morning Cup of Tea: Luke 13: New Beginning

Good morning! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed the beginning of the new year with the church as I did. How wonderful indeed to have the year begin on the first day of the week!
    For anyone who reads this blog regularly I must first apologize. I havent written since before Christmas. I've spent the time with family, and cleaning, and stretching my wings a little in other areas. I even wrote a few pages of fiction. But I confess, other than worship and bible study with the church, I've neglected my own personal bible study.  It is so easy to let the busyness of life get in the way of our spiritual life. I've missed it. I felt the prodding, urging me to get back to where I belong. And then I lost my bible. I've looked almost everywhere in the house where I think it might be, but I still haven't found it.  I even used that as an excuse. Can't write the Morning Cup of Tea, bible is missing. Still that inner voice was saying to me, there's the other bible in the car. 
   This morning I was awakened in part by my son who wanted my spot in bed. I thought I would lie there and relax, try to get a little more shut eye, but my brain was already off and running. I got dressed, fed the cats and went out to the car to fetch the bible.
  Those of you who have read the short chapter already are probably thinking, Jesus speaks of repentance and heals a woman of her infirmity on the Sabbath, and alludes to his death. Where is she getting a new beginning from?
  The new beginning is the new year. I've asked God for forgiveness for neglecting my study, and I'm asking you for forgiveness as well.  I hope you will join me in bible reading each day. Tomorrow we will discuss Luke 13. I've read it this morning but I want to read it again a few more times before talking about it. I'd love to hear your comments today and tomorrow, or anytime for that matter.  In the meantime, have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment