Monday, January 16, 2012

Confessions of a Disorganized Housewife

Hi there! Oops, you caught me--I'm on Pinterest again. I'm sitting here eating breakfast and browsing that addictive site.  LOL. Actually, I'm checking through some of the pins on my better organized board. I have very little space in this house and I truly need some organizing ideas!  This one from i heart organizing
shows how to organize the freezer. I love the idea of compartmentalizing the foods in plastic baskets and plan to put that into use, especially when I can get a small freezer. I have many plans for extra freezer space. In the meantime though, I have implemented the idea of pouring soups and stock into freezer bags and freezing them flat so they can be stacked upright like vinyl record albums (Did I just date myself there? Please tell me you remember those). They take up less space that way.  
   I heart organizing also has some adorable free printables   to help you schedule your day. Please go check her out! I know I will be reading her blog as I can. I need all the help I can get!
  I know I discussed the freezer a bit but today I'm going to be working mostly in my bedroom. It has become a catchall for everything. I was able to see the top of my vanity in there -a week ago. I need to find it again and put away the laundry. 
  I do have one tip of my own that has nothing to do with kitchens or bedrooms though. My son and I both take meds and vitamins and supplements. When we leave the house its ususally for a good bit of the day depending on what's on the agenda so I bought two pill boxes from the dollar store. That way I wouldn't have to carry a huge load of bottles inside my purse. Well... the single pill box (one row of mini boxes, one for each day of the week) works so much better--almost too good; some of the days are tough to open--than the double sided morning and evening box. The lids to that one opens willy nilly and I've found pills at the bottom of my purse. So not fun.  Needless to say, that pill box has been banished to household use only. 
  To make a long story even longer, if you have a pill organizer that is simply taking up space, it can be used to hold lipsticks that have broken --just mash it up in one of the compartments and use a lip brush to apply. It can also be used in your crafting area to hold tiny embellishments, small punch outs you want to save for later use, or use it as a small artists palette for your young artist or yourself. Most pill boxes have compartments the right size to hold or mix paint for your projects. 
  As much as I would love to sit and browse Pinterest and other sites, time is slipping by on me. Until next time, have a great day!

Oh! If you have a comment or a tip to share, please feel free. I love hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. My big idea of having a pill box in my purse ended the same way. The lid opened and pills were scattered in the bottom of my purse. I like the idea of using those in other ways.

    Thanks for sharing about pinterest. I've heard of that site, but have never looked at it. I'm kind of afraid to go there - I'll probably spend too much time there, too!

    Dottie, I'm also unorganized (to put it mildly). Maybe we can encourage each other in this. Keep us posted how it's going in the bedroom organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      Thank you so much for commenting. I've found that when I'm supposed to be cleaning and organizging, that if I take a break anywhere near the computer, I have to set my timer, especially if I go anywhere near Pinterest, he he!
      As for being organized myself, you'd probably shriek in horror sometimes.. I'm always amazed at others who seem to know from birth how to keep everything perfectly organized. I'm determined, however, to take baby steps and come to order. Thank you for being on the journey with me. :)

      Delete