Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gratituesday: Washers and Dryers

  Each Tuesday Laura from heavenly homemakers    invites us to share what we are grateful for. Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

  Last Wednesday, after several months of going to the laundromat and washing and drying only what was necessary (and watching with dismay as a growing pile was left at home) I received a phone call from a brother in the congregation. "When's a good time to come by? I've got a washer and dryer for you." I was speechless. I handed the phone over to my husband and really didn't know what to do with myself. I knew someone was planning on helping us with a dryer, and I knew that perhaps soon my sweet husband would have the time to fix our washer so we wouldn't have to spend time, money and gas to get the laundry done. 
  Our friend and brother in Christ and his assistant brought us the washer and dryer that very day, set them up, and took the old washer back with them. I've been so grateful to God and to our friends who helped make this happen. And as much as I love my clothes line outside, I've been keeping the dryer fairly busy as well, with  the rain and sometimes just needing something washed and dried fairly quickly. 
  I'm enjoying getting back into the routine of laundry at home, and hanging sheets and clothes outside on the clear days, and loving the chance to have warm, fluffy towels straight from the dryer and not having to depend on sunny days or trips to the laundromat when the weather is bad. The dryer is a luxury we haven't had in years, and although I never really missed it much, I'm so happy to have it now. We are truly blessed; not so much with material things, but with family and friends who love us and help us when they can. I can only hope and pray that we can be a blessing to others.

2 comments: