Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Good morning!  It is a downright cold (!!) 47 degrees here in my little spot in Georgia. As much as I want to burrow under the covers all day with a good book or a movie or three. there is much to do. I need to clean my kitchen (never ending job), bring some semblance of order to my living room, and start organizing my craft supplies. I left out a Studio G stamp for a few days too long and my dear J decided the rubber die no longer needed to be attached to the wood. I found the wood base outside, underneath a window. The rubber die has yet to be found. Studio G's are very inexpensive; this one was less than a dollar at Wal mart, but still, not very happy to have to replace it.
  I love crafting, almost as much as i love reading and writing. I've tried different craft projects since I was a kid, and when I married my husband, my mother in law, who was a voracious crafter at one point, tried teaching me some needlepoint stitches and I learned how to make fabric yo yos 
for a project I wanted to do. I never did finish that yet, and want to get back to it now that J is older. Unfortunately I haven't even done much stamping and card making, which are some of my favorite things to do. Since I like making cards and I'd rather make than buy Christmas cards, it's past time I get my supplies ready and get back to work. Maybe I can get J to make a card or two with me.
  I've gotten so used to mild falls and winters here in the south, and gotten stuck with a painful electric bill or two during the summer months, that I've had my head stuck in the fall leaves about preparing for cooler weather.  When an overgrown three year old and several cats huddle up on your bed at three in the morning, you know it's time to give in. This old house  would keep a handful of handy men busy for awhile with the projects needed to be done, but we have J's window covered with plastic once again, and this morning I finally relented and turned on the heater. It's supposed to warm up a little this week, for which I am very grateful. I hope that doesn't change.
  As for this blog, I still need to do this morning's Cup of Tea post and I've been percolating a post on a subject that's been on my mind for awhile. Hopefully soon I will be able to get it written down, and make sense of the jumble of questions and comments and bible verses in my head. I also have a book review coming up on Monday. I was given the opportunity to read a fiction book in return for my thoughts on it. 
 As far as personal organization goes that is a stop and go thing for me. Sundays are especially hard because I'm not as watchful of the time as I should be, and sometimes it's not J's lack of cooperation that makes us late to church. That has to end, so I'm going to start doing at least the Morning Cup of Tea posts a few days in advance. They will show up one a day as they should, and I will still be doing my bible reading, but illness or doctor appointments or whatever that comes up shouldn't keep them from showing up on time. Others may follow as I find my way and decide just how I want this blog to really run, but some posts will always be off the cuff, especially the ones dealing with autism. And possibly organization. Those are two ongoing and sometimes intertwining subjects here in my life at home.
  We are creeping ever closer to Thanksgiving. As a Christian I feel I should be thankful all the time, and not just for the good things. The bible says to be thankful for all things  --  Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18,  English Standard Version. I was reminded of this yesterday from the sign outside a local church building. I was in a really dark mood concerning finances and the upcoming holidays and all I could see was the negative. We drove past the building, and there was the sign: the exact same thing my husband had been trying to get me to understand. I was not in a rather receptive mood, I'm sorry to say, for either instance. But it stayed in my mind, and I prayed, and groused, and grudgingly gave thanks for the learning situation and the blessings we have. Blessings that sometimes go unappreciated unless they aren't there. 
  If you ever read my posts here or on facebook and think I have it all together or I'm holier than thou, I'm far from the  person God wants me to be. I'm taking it one step at a time, one verse at a time, trying to get it right. If I sound prideful or judgemental or holier than thou, please forgive me. I love people but I don't love sin. I get a little preachy on some subjects but only because people, especially children, are very dear to my heart. If you read this, and know that there is an area I need to work on, especially in my Christian walk, feel free to contact me. I'd love to hear from any of my readers, really, on any subject, whether you think I'm doing okay or you think something isn't right.  
  What are you doing today? Are you cuddling in front of a fire? Doing some pre holiday shopping to beat the rush? Trying to figure out a turkey recipe for Thanksgiving? Whatever you are doing today, I hope it is a wonderful day for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment