Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gratituesday: Being Thankful in All Circumstances

I'll be perfectly honest with you: I don't want to be thankful right now. I want to complain. Something happened and I want to whine. It's not fair! That's true, because life isn't fair. It shouldn't have happened! True again, but this could have been prevented; it just wasn't.
 This particular instance  has some negatives to it, but there is a positive to it: I can use this instance to whine and complain, or I can use it as a learning experience. I know how to fix it and I know how to prevent it from happening again.  
   The bible tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (English Standard Version). Does this mean God wants us to be stuck in a rut in the road? No, not really. He wants us to understand that although we find ourselves stuck in a rut -by choice or out of the blue--He is there with us! We aren't alone in this, and its okay. Sometimes, as in my case, he allows us to mess up so that we will learn a lesson. I confess, there are times I remind myself of the mule tied to the sorghum mill. I'm putting one foot in front of the other and I'm logging miles, but I'm not really getting anywhere. I'm just plodding around in circles. It takes me awhile to get the message I'm supposed to learn sometimes.
  Yes, I have a setback today. But it is  inconvenient , not life threatening. I have many blessings to focus on --a roof over my head, a healthy family, my mother in law's birthday.How wonderful to be able to say Happy Birthday to her one more time! 
 So today I am grateful for a few lessons learned and for one more day with a special lady. What are you grateful for today? 
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment