Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratituesday: An Abundance of Blessings

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

I'm not rich by today's standards. Not even close. We've had our share of financial problems. Indeed, we've had many troubles and difficulties come our way in the twenty one plus years my husband and I have been together. More will come, I'm sure. It's part of life. However, if I sat down to count my blessings, I'd be sitting here for a long while. 
  I am the child of God. Way back in time He knew the faults I would have --the stubbornness, failing faith at times, lack of "want to" in being submissive --and yet he loved me enough to send his only Son to die one of the most cruel deaths imaginable, so that I might live. He gave this gift to us all.
  I have a husband who is a hard worker, a Christian, passionate about what he believes in. I know where he is at night and he loves me.
  I was blessed with two beautiful children, one of whom died early, and one who has autism. Both have been huge blessings to me. One is my treasure in heaven; the other is my treasure here and continues to teach me about life.
  I have a good family, on both sides. They are all for the most part healthy and happy. They are there in good times and bad for the most part, and I am blessed to have them all in my life. My greatest joy would be for all of them to become baptized believers.
 I have friends who care about me. Some I've never met in person but they make a huge impact on my life. One in particular cares enough to nag me about my health and other matters, because she wants what's best for me. I in turn, do the same for her. I doubt she'll read this, but I'll say it anyway: I love you, woman! 
  My health is much improved from several weeks ago. I am thrilled of that. 
  This year as we are preparing for a day of feasting, and family and friends and football  and shopping (for some), I realize I have much to be thankful for. The people and things mentioned here don't even begin to cover it. It's only the tip of the iceberg. What are you grateful for this year?

Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God hath done.. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! My heart exactly! I have never had a child to die, a few miscarriages, which I feel that God either knew what was being formed might not have been a baby, but part of one, or He saw down the future, and took him from the evil to come! And I do have may blessings, and thank God for them morning and night, and in between! Such a restful 'blog' !!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete