Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Morning Cup of Tea: Healing the Demoniac Child

Good morning! It's a rainy morning here in my part of Georgia. The weather feels nice outside.
  Today we are looking at Mark 9: 17-29. Jesus had come to his disciples and the multitude gathered around them.  A man came up to Jesus asking for help for his son, who was afflicted with a deaf and dumb spirit.. It caused the boy to try to harm himself by water and by fire. The man said that the disciples could not make the spirit go away.
  23. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
 24. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
  Jesus commanded the spirit to leave the young man and it did.  But did you notice what the father said? He knew Jesus could heal his son, but also admitted doubts and asked for help with that. He had lived for a long time with his child being afflicted. He believed, yet in his heart he wondered if there would ever be any help for his son. I kind of know the feeling. My son isn't afflicted with a demon, he just has autism. I've seen the biting, the frustration because of not getting his message across, the whole bit. It wears a person down. Yet at the same time, it's what makes me cling more to my faith. It does get better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment