Saturday, October 29, 2011

Get Ready... Get Set... Holidays!!

 All this month I had great plans of getting the house in perfect order for the holidays coming quickly. Well, you what they say about making plans. Yep, I battled really low iron (still dealing with it but it's better I think) and I think in some respects the house looks even worse than it did when I began the month. So.... Thanksgiving is only a few short weeks away and I am no where close to ready.
  So far I have a menu plan set up for Thanksgiving and a few small gifts bought. I have a huge list of things that still needs to be done:
  •  clean and decorate the house
  • figure out what Christmas cards I'm doing this year and start making them
  • Get my Christmas card list ready to go
  • clean out the fridge and freezer
  • buy wrapping paper
  • finalize the holiday gift budget and make or buy gifts Most are going to be home made.
  • do the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving
  • figure out if I'm going to spend the night before Thanksgiving at my mom's or just go there early with the bird all cooked and ready to go. (Eeks!)
I'm sure there are other things but these are the ones I can think of at the moment. Thankfully, hubby's shift is first shift at work and he's off Saturday through Wednesday night of the week after so I've got built in help to get the house clean. Then I've got to convince him I need my living space back so renting storage space is crucial right about now.  If there ever was an organizing fairy I certainly need her right now! Eeeks!!
  Someone please tell me I'm not the only one in this predicament. I will be posting once or twice a week or so to let you know how it's going on the home front. For now I need to get moving. Laundry calls. Hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment