Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gratituesday : A Husband's Love

 Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Each week Laura at Heavenly Homemakers  gives us the opportunity to link up and share what we are grateful for. I thank her for that.

Years ago when I was pregnant with our second son, I wore my wedding rings around my neck because my fingers had swollen. I did not want them to be cut off my hand, nor did I want them away from me.  Bad choice. The clasp on the necklace broke and I lost my rings. My brother went out and looked all up and down the street for me, retracing my steps. He was able to find my engagement ring, but not the wedding band. I was heartbroken. 
  My husband was at basic training for the Army during this time. I hated telling him that I'd lost my ring. Being the good man that he is, he understood.  When he came home for Christmas, we went to Walmart. Just outside the store was the bank of gumball machines. One had those braided cloth rings and bracelets. My sweet husband spent twenty five cents and got me one of those rings, which he placed on my finger until we could afford to replace the wedding band. I wore that thing even after I had my new wedding band, and kept it for many years. I think eventually the cloth ring got lost during a move, but it will always be in my heart.
  Just a few days ago, my husband found a small thin ponytail holder, just wide enough for a finger. He brought it to me with a smile, remembering the ring he'd bought years ago. Once again, I have a cloth ring on my finger.
  Because I haven't felt well enough to take care of things, my husband took it upon himself to get the house back in order, let me me sleep when I need the rest, and he's made sure that I eat healthy meals. I am getting back to good health and can take back my household duties now, and can give him more breaks. I am more blessed than I can ever begin to imagine and I am so thankful he is my husband.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment