Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Morning Cup of Tea: John 12:25-50

Good morning! How are you this morning? I am starting to feel a little better. As I look around I see a lot that will keep me busy today. I have a son who is patiently waiting for breakfast so lets get to it, shall we?
   Jesus is still speaking at Philip's home. He has told those around him he is going to die, and explained that it is for good that this will happen. The part of him that is flesh would like to back off from it, but he is willing to do this, for our sakes.
He then said, Father, glorify thy name. (v28) Then a voice came that said I have glorified it and I will glorify it again. Some said it was thunder, others thought it was an angel speaking to Jesus.  Jesus told the people was there for their sakes, not his. It was more proof of who he was.
  Jesus was saying the judgement of the world was now, and the prince of the earth would be cast out. Jesus would be lifted up from the earth and draw all men unto him.
 He was signifying his upcoming crucifixion. The devil would be beaten then, and all people would have the opportunity to believe on Jesus and accept the gift he had so freely given.
 The people knew the law, that the Christ would abide forever, but they still did not understand the Son of man.  
 He told them that for a little while they have the light-Jesus. After that there would be darkness. If they believed in the light, they would be children of light, able to carry on that light --teaching others. After this he hid himself from the people.
  There were many who believed , yet many who did not believe. Even among the chief priests who believed on Jesus but were afraid to admit to this because of their fear of the Pharisees, who would throw them out of the temple. The bible says in vers 43:For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. Sadly, that is true today as well. Some would rather denounce Jesus because they love the praise of men more than the praise of God.
 The chapter finishes out with the words of Jesus. He explains that whoever believes on him believes on the Father. Jesus wasn't here on earth to do his own will, but that of God. 
   Please do read this chapter yourself if you haven't already. I don't do near as good a job of relaying the message as is written in the pages of the bible. I am thankful for the opportunity to read God's message of love to us, and I am grateful to spend the time learning with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to study, and to read my words. I'd love to hear from you, whether good or bad, or questions. If I don't know the answer I will be happy to find it. This is how I learn, by reading and talking, usually with my husband. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment