Friday, March 23, 2012

Day Four of the New Routine

Good morning! I sort of dropped off the radar there for a few days, but I'm back. It is 5:51 AM. Despite getting up at the "late" time of 4:20 or so, I've already made a smoothie breakfast for The Hubby and myself, offered it to J who politely declined, started a load of laundry, fed the cats (who are the best actors in the world by the way.This morning was the starving orphan routine), and started J's breakfast.He's having kielbasa and scrambled eggs. Not bad for a morning.
  Speaking of J, he slept in till about 5 or so this morning. No nap yesterday and the previous night's insomnia did him in. He was in bed asleep by 8:30 last night. As for my routine, I think he likes it. He has been up each day before I woke at 4 and he likes eating that time of the day. He also likes eating about every few hours so if I'm going to keep this up (and I think I will), more snacks are in order.) 
   Amazingly enough, except for yesterday I didnt nap. J did most of the week, but missed his nap yesterday. He did lie down in his room and rest though, and I was thankful for that and slept an hour or so. Really wasn't feeling good.
  As far as the days went, I think Tuesday was the hardest. I woke up crabby because of so little sleep, stumbled into the kitchen, griping the whole way, and made breakfast. Breakfast with my two favorite men in the world made it so wonderful for me. I enjoyed spending time with my husband, talking and eating together before he went off to work, instead of me sleeping during that time and barely remembering the kiss goodbye as he rushed out the door. The rest of the day however, when I wasn't cooking or washing dishes I was in a slack jawed stupor in front of the computer. 
  Wednesday I was a bit more alive. I started a load of laundry, kept up with the dishes, temporarily fixed the bean bag chair, and worked on this week's decluttering project. I wont post about that until tomorrow, however. There is one more thing I'm going to try to do first.
  Yesterday I cooked. That's it. Nothing more. I was feeling so lousy I didnt even do the dishes until last night when I started feeling better.
  So, it's been four days. So far I like it. I feel like I can get more accomplished --J has already been fed his breakfast, the dishes are soaking for a moment, and I'm about to turn the laundry over to the dryer. Not bad for 6:27 in the morning. I remember to take my iron and vitamin most of the time. The Hubby took it upon himself to make the bed each morning. That is a very sweet thing. I hadn't asked him to do it, hadn't mentioned that it needed to be done on my list of daily tasks, I just walked into the bedroom after he left for work and noticed that it was done, complete with my teddy bear and book sitting there waiting on me.
  The only thing lacking this week? My bible study. I didn't sit and read, much less blog about what I read. I did however read and repin various scriptures on Pinterest. So I guess you could say this week I've snacked on the Word rather than feasting upon it. I'm not that happy with that particular part of the week but I think I can get back into the groove in the next few days.
 I think I like the new routine so far though. It needs a little tweaking here and there, but I'm liking it. I get more done during the day. I sleep well at night.  J seems to be doing well on it. The Hubby is happy. That makes me happy.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment