Sunday, March 18, 2012

Menu Plan

Okay, so most bloggers I read have a menu plan. And the ones who do say it really helps to have an idea of what you're going to eat during the week because it keeps you from defaulting from stopping at the nearest fast food restaurant to pick up something. So this is supposed to be better for your pocket book as well as your waist line. I've been trying on my own off and on, and so far menu plans in my house haven't stuck. It's usually just a matter of, what do we want tonight, hurry J is starving. Or I'm starving. Oh forget it just go get dollar burgers. Not good. So I thought I'd do the menus here on the blog. Nutritionally I'm sure someone will pull a Faye Raye, ie, faint in horror, but this is what the family wants for the week.

Sunday: Breakfast, eggs, sausage n grits
             Lunch : Corned Beef n Sauerkraut
            Supper : Reuben Sandwiches

Monday Breakfast : Spinach eggs (eggs scrambled with frozen spinach, maybe some bell pepper thrown in, and cheese) and toast
           Lunch: Sandwiches n chips
           Supper: BBQ pork wontons

Tuesday Breakfast: BLT's
             Lunch : Hillbilly Housewife's Taco Style Lentils n Rice  with homemade tortillas
            Supper: Sausage n Sauerkraut

Wednesday Breakfast: smoothies, which may turn into smoothie for me, eggs for J depending on his mood.
                  Lunch: salad
                  Supper: Pot Roast, with carrots and potatoes

Thursday: Cottage Cheese n fruit
                leftovers
                (and this is exactly what I have written down : CHICKEN OF SOME SORT.  Uh huh, very decisive there. I have chicken breasts, just don't know what I'm going to do with them just yet. Any ideas?

Friday Spinach eggs n toast
          quesadillas
          OUT!!

Saturday: Dutch Baby n Strawberries
               lunch --still up in the air
               A Slob Comes Clean's Spinach Artichoke Pizza 
  Don't worry, fruit and or veggies accompany each meal. Granted, it's very pork heavy this week (at least I think so) but our diet usually evens out. 
   By the way, does anyone have great tried and true recipes for bass? We were given some last week and enjoyed it yesterday, but I think the flavor could have been perked up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment