Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time: Under Pressure


Ok, I really hope no one is offended by the video, and if you are, I'm really sorry. But I got to thinking today about all that I need and want to do:
  •   Worship service/ fellowship/ Bible class
  • house work
  • writing
  • taking care of my family
  • hosting duties with my online league
  •  visiting with extended family
  • teaching my son
  • cooking
  • visiting with friends 
  • and all the other things that pop up unexpectedly like doctor vists (yep, even the ones that are scheduled) 
 We are all given 24 hours each day. That's it, no more, no less. What we do with that time is completely up to us. We can fritter the time away or we can be useful and productive. 
   With a child with autism I know he works better on a schedule. He likes knowing meals are at the same time each day, we go see Grandma on this day, and we go to worship on Sunday and Wednesday. When we miss for more than a week and then go back he tends to get antsy. Same with me, I guess. Although I'm a bit more flexible I like knowing that my hosting time is 3 mornings a week and when I can, 2 afternoons a week. I love waking up and knowing the first thing I'm going to do is open my Bible and read, and up next is writing for my Cup of Tea series. I enjoy that time. It cements what I've just read into my consciousness.
   I also like getting off track and spending time playing and having fun with my friends. Its just that when I do too much of that my household goes haywire. So, I need to construct a pattern for the day and stick relatively close to it. How about you?  Are you the type that needs her schedule or are you the fly by the seat of your pants type?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment