Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Morning Cup of Tea: Ask in Prayer

Some days I really don't know where to begin. My mind is such a jumble of thoughts and emotions. I need our Father all the time, and there are times I need him more than ever. This is one of those times. My heart is heavy, with care for this country and its leaders, with how a friend deep in depression is doing, and to be honest, I'm fighting a battle within myself over worrying about the rest of the week. I already know, because we discussed fear and worry.
  Today's lesson ties in with this. Our scripture is Matthew 7:6-11.


I'm going to copy verses 7 and 8, but I encourage you to read the passage yourself.
7.Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you;
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
   Put rather simply, God wants us to go to Him when we need something. Just as we would go to our earthly dads and ask for what we want, our heavenly Father wants us to do the same with him. We all want what's best for our kids and as long as we can provide and its not something they should not have, we provide for our children. God, who is perfect, really wants to do this for us. We simply have to ask. 
 I'll leave you with that thought. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment