Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Listening to Jesus: a Revisit of A Morning Cup of Tea

I am human and I messed up. 

Matthew 5: 38, 39: Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth;
   But i say unto you, That ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

  have a soapbox or two that believe strongly in. More on those (possibly) later down the line. I was reading an online group that is divided on a subject and allowed myself to be sucked into the argument. I let anger get the best of me instead of letting it go. As soon as I hit enter, the very words I'd typed out this morning came rushing back to me. Ouch. Tough lesson to learn. I didn't use any foul language but I didn't have to. My anger showed through, not my love for my fellow man. In that, I was wrong.
  We can disagree with someone without letting our anger get in the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment