Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jimi's Chimis--recipe

 Ohh, I wish I had a camera here. Maybe I'll get one by Christmas time. Hubby was sweet and made dinner tonight. He knows how much J and I love shrimp chimichangas at the local Mexican restaurant.. We can't afford going there a lot so he made them at home this time.

Here is his recipe, as he tells it to me.

Jimi's Chimi's

1 16 oz can refried beans, heated
1 12 oz pkg of tail off, pre cooked  salad shrimp. , thawed and rinsed.
 1teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
a shake or two of onion and garlic powder (to taste)
a teaspoon of lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together in a warm skillet.

In another skillet put a pat of butter and melt it on medium heat. Add a tortilla, then add about a third cup of the shrimp/refried bean mixture into the middle. I folded one corner up, then folded either side on top of that. Flip the chimi over onto the other side to seal it and let it cook a minute or so more. If we'd had cheese we would have drizzled that on top. But they sure were delicious either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment