Monday, March 25, 2013

A Morning Cup of Tea: A Study of Ruth part 4

Well, it's past morning, but today was not a regular day. I think that's okay sometimes. Right now I'm just enjoying hearing my happy boy. I am so thankful for days like today --busy but easy and fun. He's had such an awesome day, I hope it stays like that all day. I love when things work out.

  Because of Ruth's love for Naomi and her faith, things worked out there as well. Boaz gave the opportunity to buy the land and take Ruth as wife to the nearer kinsman, who turned it down. Boaz took her to wife, with the blessing of the elders. Ruth gave birth to a son, Obed, who would be the heir for Elimelech and his son, and also was the father of Jesse, who was the father of king David, and thus, part of the lineage of Jesus.
  When we take the time to pray and follow God's path for us, things work out so much better. It may not always be easy, as in the case of Naomi and Ruth;for a time they had no male heirs to take care of them or inherit, but they were taken care of in the end. All according to God's plan. I think this is one of my favorite lessons in the bible, yet I'm still learning to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment