Friday, February 24, 2012

Recipe Friday: Peanub Butter - Nutella Buttons

 Everywhere it seems these days people are talking about Nutella. Even on Pinterest  you can do a search and find different recipes. Well, since my crew loves Nutella, I thought I'd see about making some cookies. 
  I am a big fan of flourless peanut butter cookies. Easiest thing in the world to make and most people are surprised that it takes only 3 ingredients. I thought well now, how about nutella cookies in the same fashion?  I tried that. They spread too much, got crunchy-chewy, and just didn't taste right to me. J ate some, but he wasn't enthusiastic about them. I have what's left of them in a bag to see if hubby likes them.
   I wasn't ready to give up yet. I thought about trying them with half peanut butter, half Nutella and see how that worked. It was perfect! They taste yummy. Just ask my official taste tester, J. He grinned and stood by the cookies several times while I was baking. 
  It's a really simple recipe, just four ingredients. Nope, I didn't leave anything out, I promise. If you try them, please let me know what you think. Please don't ask about WW points or calories because I have no clue how to tabulate all that. 


Peanut Butter--Nutella Buttons
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit

1/2 (one half) cup peanut butter (I used Full Circle organic creamy peanut butter but any type will do except the type you have to stir each time)
1/2  cup Nutella
1 cup sugar ( i used regular granulated sugar) 
1 egg

Mix ingredients well. Form into small balls, more or less the size of a marble. Flatten on ungreased baking sheet. They will work better if they are more or less the size of nickels or quarters, but smaller or slightly larger works well also.  Depending on size of pan I usually put about 3 or 4 to a row on the short side.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350.
 Yields about 3 dozen, give or take, depending on the size of the cookie. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment