Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gratituesday: Angel in the Restaurant

 Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

 Today may be Valentine's Day on the calendar, but we celebrated on last Thursday, largely due to hubby's work schedule. We went to see hubby's mom and sister, and also went to dinner and spent time at a used book store. Not very romantic to some, but J was with us. I enjoyed it a lot, and I realize just how blessed I am to be able to go to dinner with two of my favorite young men. <smile>
  Two things happened at the restaurant that gave me a big smile. One, I decided to be brave and try a raw oyster. My thoughts on that? Interesting. I can now check that off the list and never have to do that again. I know some people like those things, but I'm not one of them. 
  The second, and most important thing that happened, was the kindness that J received. There was a family at the table beside ours, and the lady paid special attention to J. She got up several times and talked directly to J. With the busyness of the restaurant and the distractions of the radio playing in the background, he didnt really give her any eye contact, but he did show he was okay with her being there. She even brought him a crab leg to try. He enjoyed that thoroughly! 
  It was just a random thing. We'd never met before and likely won't see her or her family again. But I so appreciate the kindness she showed to my son. That truly made my heart smile

No comments:

Post a Comment