Monday, September 17, 2012

HOME EC 101: LEARNING TO GET IT RIGHT

You know what I was doing last night? I was cleaning my kitchen and planning out what needed to be done today. Okay okay, close your mouth and you over there, pick yourself up from the floor. You don't have to be that shocked. I do get Suzy Homemaker fits...now and then. 
   A friend contacted me last week. She realized we both have the same disorganized gene. She suggested we team up and encourage one another in getting housework tamed. As I've said here Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers is challenging her readers to get funky fresh in the kitchen. Another blogger that I dont get to read often but enjoy, has lately been posting articles on blessing your husband here at A Proverbs Wife  and how to find joy in home making  here.  Still another one, Good (Cheap) Eats  is doing a series on Meal Planning 101.  All of these have been coming under my radar lately. Think I'm being told something here? I think so. 
    Since buddying up with my friend Sharon I've noticed a few things. I'm highly disorganized (we all knew that) and I think it's partly because I have squirrel brain. No, I'm not saying I have the brain of a squirrel... although some may think so at times. What I mean is, 
     this. 
See what I mean? I get easily distracted from project / chore to another. 
  The other thing I noticed is I'm a perfectionist control freak who gets easily frustrated if things don't fall easily into place when I have a plan. Notice that little word there? "I"?  Yeah. That's the problem there. I still have to learn to give up control .  
  So. As of now, I've enrolled myself in Home Ec 101. While I'm the guide on this voyage, the real teachers are some of the bloggers I've mentioned and I am the student. I will be focusing on getting organized / housework, meal planning, and my own attitude adjustment. I feel God is trying to teach me some things here. If you see some of yourself in this, feel free to learn right along with me. Thank you so much to my mentors in this endeavor, whether they realize it or not. And if you're continuing to read this, thank you too. I'd love to hear from you.  What are you working on right now in your life?                
 

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to have mentors. You are mine right now. That's one reason I have four blogs. How did I get so many? Anyway, I never thought I'd blog, but they have helped me learn better housekeeping, or at least to dream about better housekeeping, so I decided I'd better do my part of Titus 2:3-5 and get to teaching what I can as to help younger women or those my same age to be the kind of wife/mother/person God wants us to be. It is only for those so inclined to Am I talking too much? Yes I am. Thanks for the post, and for working with me and for the links to these other blogs. I'll have to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dismissed the thought of blogging at one point, but I enjoy it. I've read two of your blogs, I want to look at the others as well. I know I've said it a lot, but thank you for going through all this with me, Sharon.

      Delete