Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gratituesday: Grateful for Sarge

 The hubby never made it up the ranks when he was in the Army. Never even made it to sergeant. That's okay, though, God has a different purpose in mind for him. Christian, husband, father, hard worker, drill sergeant...
   No, he isn't bossy, and no, he's not a tyrant. Recently though, he has taken it upon himself to encourage me in my writing. He came up with the goal of ten pages a day. I don't always meet that goal, but he encourages when I am busily typing or scribbling away, and he barks orders to "get to it!" if I haven't so much as picked up a pen all day. 
  Like any good drill sergeant who is in the faces of the soldiers under his or her command, exercising them to the point of fatigue and sometimes exhaustion, he's there in the trenches with me. Encouraging me. Reading what I've written. Giving feedback. Asking questions when I'm stuck on a scene or a character, and eventually, like working on a troublesome Rubik's cube, the pieces finally align and it works. 
  I have a long way to go before my fiction sees the light of day, but I'm thankful that my husband encourages me and helps me to realize my lifelong dream. Thank you, hon. Thanks for continuing to push me. 

 Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!  What are you grateful for today? I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you're writing! I'd love to read your fiction when you finish. :)

    ReplyDelete