Friday, February 10, 2012

A Morning Cup of Tea: The Wedding in Cana

Good morning! How are you today? I've been enjoying my "weekend" with my husband at home. His work week starts tomorrow for morning shift. Such fun, he he. At the moment he's helping me to understand the chronology of some events recorded in the book of John.
  The first recorded miracle that Jesus performed was at the wedding in Cana. Jesus and his disciples had been invited, and Jesus' mother, Mary, was there as well. She told Jesus there was no wine. His answer to her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come (v4) startled me a bit because it sounds almost disrespectful. But I don't think it was. She understood, I think that he had some powers because she told the servants, whatever he says, do it. And Jesus had them fill water pots, then dip into the water and take it to the governor of the feast. 
  The next thing John writes about is during the time of the Passover when he and his mother and brothers and disciples were in Jerusalem, and Jesus drove out the money changers and the cattle from the temple.  He told those who asked about the sign he was giving, Destroy this temple and I will build it back in three days. They did not understand he was not talking of the building, but his body. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment