Monday, February 11, 2013

Yummy Homemade Sloppy Joes and a Free Death By Chocolate E-Book

Photo credit: Heavenly Homemakers
 
I should be napping after the late night with a sleepless J and early morning doc appointment with same child, but I'm actually more in a writing mood than sleeping. That's a good thing, because that muse has been scarce lately!
  Anyway, we were trying to decide what to have for lunch today, and was going through my list of  what we had. I knew we had hamburger meat already cooked and frozen so I thought I'd try Sloppy Joes. The sauce that you get in a can is good, but it has high fructose corn syrup in it, something I am trying to avoid. My friend Laura from Heavenly Homemakers  has a recipe that she actually posted to her website in 2009. It's quick, simple, and delicious! I don't have a camera at the moment so I borrowed her picture above. Click on the link above and it will take you straight to the recipe. She says her sloppy joes work well as a freezer meal too, but we don't have enough left over to freeze this time. 
   Valentine's Day is coming up rather quickly, and if you're looking for a chocolate treat to make, I found a free e-book that should give you a few ideas. The Frugal Girls  had it listed on their email post, and it's from Mr. Food.  They ask you to subscribe to the Mr. Food email when you click on the link on that page and you get the e book automatically. Just thought I'd pass that along. The Frugal Girls have some great stuff that they post, from free e books to great deals on popular magazines to coupons. Check them out!
  Thought I'd pop in and share those things with you today. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment