Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Joys of Walking


 This was supposed to be my Gratituesday post for yesterday. I wrote it then, but for whatever reason it wouldn't publish. It seems to be working now though.
 
  Being a stay at home mom with one car in the family means that I pretty much am a stay at home mom. I don't mind it so much but when the child at home is basically a two year old trapped in the body of a nineteen year old, there really isn't much quiet time unless he's asleep. Even now he's in his Archie Bunker chair across from me, bouncing, making noise. Not too loud, but he's making his presence known over there.
  Although I've gotten to the point of walking each day -and then stopping--a few more times than I'd like to count, I'm back at it. Why don't I just give up? Many reasons, actually. It gets me outside in the sunshine. I use the time to pray or just let my mind ramble and untangle the knots. It's a few minutes of precious alone time.
  As a mom, especially a mom of a child with special needs, my first instinct is to constantly hover, to always be there with my son. But it's taken me a few years to realize that mama's need a little downtime in order to better take care of her family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment