Thursday, January 31, 2013

30 Days of Wholesome Speech Challenge : Day One

Yup, it's the end of the first day and already I'm struggling. Did I think this was going to be an easy challenge? Nope, not in the least. I thought it would be a bit easier than it is, but I hadn't counted on the adversary baiting me. 
  If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, go here and here to read up about the 30 Day Wholesome Talk Challenge   started by Smockity Frocks.  I chose to participate and blog about it.
  For me, the hardest part is my mind. I read something online, hear my husband say something because he is frustrated at something, and automatically I want to growl right back or give some biting remark. Granted, it's only happened two or three times today, and for the most part I've been able to keep my temper. But the sighs. My own. I don't want to blurt out what I'm thinking so I blow out my breath. Only once though, did I growl and get snarky. 
  Is that it? No. I've been having conversations in my head and partly with my husband about a potential situation (Didja catch that word? Potential? That's called borrowing trouble and is a whole 'nother Dr. Phil show--I mean, Dottie post). "she's gonna do this"  "she's gonna say that". Yeah, totally not good. How can I focus on speaking only things that uplift and help another person when I am self talking myself into a tizzy? Bottom line, I can't. Not in that line of thinking. 
  Speaking of thinking, though, a good part of this challenge is to make you think. Think about what you're about to say. Think about how to give voice to your thoughts without tearing the other person to shreds. That's what I'm trying to come away with on this challenge.
  How are you doing? I'd love to hear from you. What are your thoughts on wholesome speech?      

No comments:

Post a Comment