Thursday, April 12, 2012

Missing Blogger Returns, House Cleaning, and Kittens

 Just a few weeks ago I was lost in the fervor of A Simple Mom's Declutter 2012. I kept you up to date and promised I'd continue the cleaning each week. And then I wrote a post on April 1, 2012 and dropped off the face of the blog earth for awhile. Ouch. Not exactly how I planned it. Excuse me a moment, won't you? I have soup on the stove and I need to finish it.
  That's better. Now all it has to do is simmer until I'm ready for it. So... where have I been lately as I have not been posting in the blog world?  Well, I've been dealing with a bad back --nothing too serious, just needed a hot bath, some over the counter meds, and time to walk it out a bit. Also, I've been spending time with family and dealing with a son whose scheduling has gotten totally off kilter --a big no no in the world of autism. He is currently snoring away because he has been up fairly early. I've been trying to get him back into the world of sleep at night, up all day instead of the reverse. In the meantime, I've been trying to match his sleep habits with my own. Not an easy feat for someone who loves daylight. And I've been cleaning house. 
  I would like to say that I've been good and keeping up with the dishes and the sweeping every day. It hasn't happened. I let it slip for one day, then two, and so on until I felt on the edge of going back to my old ways.  I'm slowly climbing out of the funk that allowed that to happen. But you know what? There are some good things on the cleaning front.
  My bathroom and J's room, while not spotless every minute of the day, are looking a huge site better and have stayed that way since The Hubby cleaned them up for me. J's room is in serious need of a shampooing but Hubby wants to wait until the Master bedroom and the Living room are ready to be cleaned as well. On that note... I'm happy to report that the only room lacking is the living room!
  My bedroom got attacked earlier this week. There is a floor down there, who knew! The closet and my dresser both need a  good going over, but I can walk without stumbling and my vanity has some order to it now instead of everything being piled on it willy nilly.
  The kittens that were brought into the house during the last week of Simplify 2012 , along with a surprise batch from another mama, are all doing well. They are toddling underfoot these days, enjoying some independence. I'm wishing I had an old play pen to corral them all because I'm not that thrilled with having them playing near my feet. While I'm enjoying them, I'm also looking forward to finding good homes for them. 
   Now that I've come back today, I hope I continue writing every day. At the very least, three times a week. As for the morning cup of tea, I'm not sure that I'm going to continue that.  What is your opinion on that? Would you like to keep it going or nix it? Also, what have you been up to lately? Have you had spring break with your kids? Are you done spring cleaning your home? What has kept you busy lately? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment