Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Morning Cup of Tea: Psalm Sunday

 Good morning! Did you notice the title? No, it's not "palm" Sunday, but psalm Sunday. Something I thought I would try out. Most of you are rushing about, readying for worship. Once I feed my young man his breakfast I will be searching for a link to a church service or a lesson in the archives of Memphis School of Preaching or elsewhere similar. Yes indeed, it is the Sunday that The Hubby has day shift. Weekend shifts are twelve hours long on Saturday and Sunday. Because of where we live, that means we miss both services. Not something I'm happy with, but I hold on to the faith that God has an answer for us in regards to where we live and my husband's place of work. Please pray with us that we find that answer.
  Today I chose psalm 66. The baptist church I attended as a child had a custom of having one person read a scripture of their choice just before the sermon, then that person would choose another person to do the same the next Sunday. I was chosen once, and this was the psalm that I read. These days I understand that women are not to usurp the authority of men. That is why I teach my son and I also teach here. Mostly women read this. I know a few men read my posts though, one being my husband. He likes to point out items I may have missed, and he is my sounding board when I don't understand something. I am blessed to know several knowledgeable men and women, both online and around me who can help me. If my brothers and sisters read this and see something I may teach in error, I hope it is brought to my attention so that I can fix it. 
   Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands.
  2. Sing forth the honor of his name: make his praise glorious.

Don't you just love that? "Joyful." Not half hearted, not grumpy, not impatient, but make a joyful noise! Sing unto God. I don't know about you, but on my worst days, especially at church, no matter how hard I try I can't stay angry or  upset if I participate in worship. I sing -my voice is not that great but I wasn't told I have to sound like a perfect angel. I was told to make a joyful noise. That we can all do.
 There is so much more in this psalm, but I know time is precious today. I hope you take the opportunity to read it. Have a joyous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment