Monday, March 26, 2012

Confessions of a Disorganized Housewife: Project Simplify Week Four Plans

Good morning!
  After all the warm weather last week it finally dipped down into the late 60s, early 70s yesterday. While it felt/ feels good, I'm still looking forward to more 80's weather. 
  This is the final week of Simple Mom's Project Simplify 2012. Because of it I've gotten a few things accomplished and I'm liking the results. I've gotten motivated each week as I worked on the spot of the week and I want to continue that. Having a deadline helped me to focus on the task at hand, and because I stated publicly on Simple Mom that I was going to do the project, I felt accountable to do so.  So, next Monday morning I'll let you know what my project of the week is.
  As for the last week of Project Simplify 2012, Tsh is proclaiming it Choose Your Own Adventure. That means we get to choose what we will be cleaning/ organizing/decluttering for the week. As always, I have a lofty goal in mind and look forward to seeing what actually gets accomplished.
  I have The Hubby at home with me for the next few days as he is on his long weekend of the month (gotta love shift changes...sigh) so he has been recruited to help me out. Bless his heart, he deserves a medal already. He cleaned J's room for me yesterday and today gets to tackle the bathroom for me. 
  So what will I be doing while he slaves away, sitting on my fanny eating bon bons and typing away at the computer? Nope. While I will be typing some, I have my own agenda for the week. I want to tackle two hotspots here in the kitchen that have begun to experience clutter creep once again --my baking center and my table. That's just an appetizer as it will take maybe half an hour to restore tranquility to those things. 
  This week I plan on working in two rooms: the living room and the master bedroom. Both are screaming for help right now and there is a lot of interconnection. Specifically, the laundry needs to be put away, the closet needs to be cleaned thoroughly since Angie moved her babies once again (she's now in the kitchen by the washer and dryer. But at least she's out of the way). The dresser is in serious need of declutter. And The Hubby needs to get his tools out of my living room. 
  That should keep us both busy for awhile. So what am I waiting for? I've got dishes in the sink (not happy about letting that one slide for the last few days. Dishes get done everyday, I just lapsed into letting them sit overnight sometimes. Enough of that!) and hot spots to deal with before my two favorite men wake for the day. So what have you got planned for today? Are you in spring cleaning mode? 

No comments:

Post a Comment