Sunday, May 12, 2013

In Honor of Mothers

So ladies, how was your Mother's Day? I hope it was filled with joy and laughter, and good times. I know that isn't always the case. There are mothers who spent the day working or otherwise keeping busy because they couldn't be with their children, for whatever reason. Moms who sit praying for a child who is hospitalized or deployed or otherwise missing. My heart goes out to each of them. I pray that there are happier times ahead.
   As a daughter, I am blessed. I still have my mother in my life and she is fairly healthy for her age. She's stubborn, won't sit still for more than five minutes, and is a huge worry wort. She can try the patience of a saint, yet is kind and loving.
  Then there's my other Mom. She gave birth to my dear, sweet husband years ago. She is my Naomi and I am her Ruth. It is her love, teaching, guidance, and example, as well as her prayers, that shine a bright light on my walk. Like most mothers and daughters in law we haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but there is always a connection. I don't tell either of these ladies enough how much I love and appreciate them.
   During times when I was away from home, God saw fit to place other mothers in my life to help guide me along the way. Two who come quickly to mind have both passed on from this life: Glenda Gardipee Williamsen and Frances Perry. Glenda was a deeply religious woman with a strong sense of family. Unable to have children of her own, she brought in others and taught us all well. And Mrs. Frances was a quiet, darling woman of strength. She and her husband Charles befriended my little family and became additional grandparents for our two boys, then a toddler and infant when we were stationed at Ft. Carson.  I miss both ladies very much.
    Today, we started off in the emergency room getting J's wrist stitched up once again and taken care of. This time however, I let The Hubby take him to the back room. I sat in the waiting room and talked --mostly listened--to first one then another mother who came in needing attention themselves. I was blessed to be part of their day and just listen and pray silently and give a little comfort, I hope. I pray that both received the care they needed today.  The rest of the day, I spent with my darling J and The Hubby. It's been a very good day, bumps and all. 
  Happy Mother's Day to all. Go hug your mother, call her, or remember her fondly. Then please go encourage another mother.     

No comments:

Post a Comment