Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On Freezer Cooking, the 30 day Challenge, and Tooth Pain

 Freezer cooking, the wholesome speech challenge, and tooth pain. Of the three, guess which one I'm not so thankful for today. If you said tooth pain, you'd be right. But I'm learning to be thankful even for it. It's slowed me down some, sure, and that can be frustrating. But I'm seeing this as a valuable learning experience as well. When my mouth is screaming in pain I tend to be very cranky, yet at the same time I'm figuring out that the more I speak the worse it's going to hurt. So I have to think about what I'm going to say. Do I always make the right choice in what to say? I wish I could say yes, but I still mess up now and then. It's getting better though.
  This 30 day wholesome speech challenge is about a week in, and it's still a challenge to me. I'm thankful for the chance to participate though, because it's showing me (big time!) where I need to grow. This evening I may have hit a turning point. While making breakfast burritos, I set a bowl of egg mixture on my sink-and it promptly tipped over, Bye bye, eggs. Before, I might have said a word I shouldn't, or growled and fussed. This time I didn't. I held my temper. Major victory.
  As for the freezer cooking, I'm loving it. I wish I had a camera because the last few days, when I have a reprieve from pain, I have been preparing food. I can only do a little at a time before i end up taking a nap or sitting somewhere with an ice pack, waiting for meds to kick in, but I'm thankful for the chance to get some of this done. I think I over planned the food because I'm still trying to figure out how all of it is going to fit in that over the fridge freezer. I know some seasoned freezer cookers can get close to 30 meals packed in that space, but I'm still feeling my way on this. 
  It's been a pretty good week, I think, even counting the pain (tired of hearing about my tooth yet? I know I am!). I'll get it taken care of as soon as possible, though. I'm thankful also that I feel up to writing and joining Heavenly Homemakers for Gratituesday. What about you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment