Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gratituesday: The Eye of An Artist

This one's going to be short and sweet because I need to be dashing out the door, but I couldn't resist. Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


The above photos were taken by the artist who made these pieces. She happens to be multi talented: she sews her own creations, makes jewelry, has hand made cards, tried her hand at sketching and drawing, just to name a few. I am privelaged to see many of her things because she's my sister, Kathleen Sweeny. 
  My absolute favorite artist is our own Creator, God. Not only did he create us, he formed the earth itself and all in and on it. If you look at nature, you can see beauty all around you. I think artists inherited that from the Lord, because they see beauty in things, and they see possibility where others might miss. I like to think God sees the possibilities in all of us that others, including ourselves might miss.  
  Had to brag on her a little today. I'm thankful not just because she's so talented and consistently inspires me to cultivate my own creativity, but because she's my sister and friend. Thank you for being one who points out beauty in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment