Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gratituesday : Grateful for Many Things

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

I had a hard time figuring out what I was grateful for today. Then I realized: I'm grateful for a many things.
  I'm grateful to have the internet so I can study with other Christians and fellowship with them. This does NOT take the place of face to face and side by side worship that happens on the first day of the week and midweek bible study. But it helps, especially on days that I can't make it to be with the brethren.
  I'm grateful to have a husband who is patient with me on days when I am a little more than a grouchy bear, or I'm in a weepy mess and can't do much more than sleep. He's there for me in good times and bad. I love him for that and much more. I am blessed that God granted me such a lifemate.
 And I am grateful for my son. I pour out my heart on this blog, telling what he does, both good and bad. But I realized this morning that he is the epitome of innocence. He does not sin because he doesn't understand sin. He gets angry and does things but only because he doesn't know how else to let me know something is wrong. We are working on that and he gets better to a certain extent, but the meltdowns will be there. But he also gives hugs and unconditional love. He knows without a doubt that his dad and I will be there to take care of his needs. I pray we always will be. Today he woke up in the altogether. I told him what I always do -- go take a bath and put some clothes on. For him, he'd be so comfortable without a stitch on. He is innocent enough to where he doesnt understand the need for modesty. But I teach him anyway because he is around other people. He teaches me daily, and for that, I am grateful.
  What are you grateful for? I'd love to hear from you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment